Monday, February 21, 2011

jwestover dreamscape


My dreamscape started off with a tear falling from an eye. Along side of it is a wishing well collecting and giving the water back. The picture has alot of meaning to it, but I wanted to try and have fun with it. I kept most focal points of the picture, but I got rid of the well and the bucket. I looved the blue and green coloring, so I wanted to continue plaing off of that. I created a flower growing from the ground, because as rain and even tears fall to the ground, it helps create and nourish life, like plants. I also turned the slit of the eye into a fishing pole. I added a set of hands and a reel, and then drew a lake. I did this because the rain and tears also help keep ponds and lakes full, which holds valuable foods, like fish, which helps us grow and nourish our bodies. It kind of encases the water or life cycle. I also blended in a moon to give some extra appeal to the picture.

13 comments:

  1. very cool, you made it even dreamier! im just not understanding the purple blotch. is it a hole? perhaps you could add a shadow to give it some depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the transformations you made on this, and I also question the purple spot. Either way, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this. It's like you made a surreal image more surreal. Same thoughts on the purple blotch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your dreamscape is very intersting. I really like the picture of how its an eye but it's also a fishing pole, kind of like those trick pictures. The only comment i have is i think the blending could have been better around where you took out the well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me of a nursery rhyme. I like the rose in the eye and the addition of the hands to the fishing pole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rose in the eye. Very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the rose in the eye and the slit that you turned into a fishing pole. This is great image! I feel that where the well was removed could have been better but other than that I like everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like what you did with the image and the concept behind it. I just don't like the purple blob, it doesn't fit in with the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like how added to this and tied everything together. I think the purple is supposed to be water and maybe it was made purple to not clash withe blue

    ReplyDelete
  10. the fishing pole is really cool with the hands...maybe the purple color I would change to a picture of an actual little pond or something

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool dreamscape. I really like the colors and I think you blended the hands in well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors are what i like most about this piece. Stayed with a soft pastel color palate. Its weird but in a good way, helps to bring up the dreamscape feel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that someone said it remind them of a nursery rhyme! That is the same feeling I get. It has a good beginning, but needs some more Photoshop work done. First thing, all the elements are placed over the original image. I really want to see them interact with the original image. The leaves look placed and not natural.. the fishing line looks choppy. I wish that fishing line had a more illustrated quality to it. I like the hands off to the right. This allows the viewer to take the identity of the ambiguous person on the right. Great concept lets work more on the technical aspect of it.

    ReplyDelete