Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kelly Raines_Dreamscape



My dreamscape is a collaboration of some of my favorite things. I used the beach as the primary background and then created a world of both real and fantasy. The girl blowing bubbles represents a sense of childhood and a favorite pastime of mine. The bubbles lead into a larger bubble that shows a memory of my boyfriend and me making faces. There are shadows of my friend and me on the sand that exhibit a sense of fun. I placed a mermaid on top of the ocean to bring fantasy into real world. The sky is composed of the sunset from the original picture as well as a rollercoaster, once again creating a fun, surrealistic feel. I also added the blue sky color to create more of a dream feel. I have the Disney castle on the horizon because I like castles and I like Disney movies and I felt this too created a surrealistic idea. I like to have fun and act like a kid so the images I used are symbolic of that. Life can be a thrill and it can be fun and your imagination can take you anywhere and that’s what this dreamscape represents.

16 comments:

  1. this is really neat. i like the bubble with the picture of you and your boyfriend. the only thing i can find on here that i absolutely hate is the girl with the cowboys cap!!! go giants!!!! sorry, just kidding, but seriously, i would change that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is so cool! I love the bubbles, and you got everything to fit together so well! You should frame this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well done, you did a very good job on the sky. I really like what you did with the bubbles as well. The shadows in the foreground are a nice addition too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything you put in your dreamscape, it looks amazing. You did a good job with all the photoshop elements

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very good i love the bubbles in this dreamscape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really like the concept behind your picture and you did a good job on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fun, the like a bubbles and roller coaster added. I see that the shadows are of you and a friend, just looking at the image though it would seem like they were coming from nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is good i like everything, not sure I would change it

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like the bubble like a memory bubble but its incorporated with the little girl blowing bubbles...i saw it and said..ahh clever. I really enjoyed the roller coaster in the background great ideas all together...maybe move the main bubble a little more so that you can see the sunset because it is really nice or just move it so you can see some of it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cool concepts behind the images. Very creative, and well thought of. I think you placed the images well. Awesome work

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job.. I really like how you did the bubbles and put a picture of you and your boyfriend in one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i like the way u blended the roller coaster tracks into the background with the lighting on the sun i only wish you would have done the same with the castle

    ReplyDelete
  14. This dreamscape is very fun to look at. love all the elements and how you were able to adjust each so they fit well into the overall image

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks good, I enjoy what you did with the bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great eye movement! My eye definitely stays within the page. In the largest bubble, there is some poor selection and image quality. The entire large bubble seems pixilated. I would like the shadow in the foreground to have more a blur and a bit transparent.

    Concept wise very strong, I would the elements to blend more, you have a beautiful sunset as your base, but the castle and the mermaid have totally different coloring and lighting..

    ReplyDelete