Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lyndsay Moore Dreamscape

The inspiration for my dreamscape is my desire to travel all over the world during my life. I feel my desire to travel is in my genes. My family has planted there roots all over the world and because of this I have had the chance to experience many different states and countries. I have been in at least twenty five of the states, Mexico, Canada, England, France, Germany, and Italy. (I wish I had pictures from my trip to Europe by they were saved on my computer and it crashed, I lost them all!) Even though I have had my fair share of traveling I still feel that I have seen very little of what there is to see. I pulled this aspect into my dreamscape by making myself rather small compared to the scenery surrounding. Another feeling I have is that there is not enough time in life to experience all the world has to offer. It will be impossible to travel to every country, city, town, and village before I die. I added both a day and night sky to represent time and how fast it passes. With my dreamscape I grouped pictures of dirrerent types of places there are to see such as forests, deserts, lakes, mountains, and cities. I feel I didnt have one definitive background image so I have all of my images displayed (Sorry everyone, I had issues uploading my background image so Im just posting what I have, its better than nothing). Hopefully in time I will travel to all of the places I would like to go and my dreamscape will become a reality.

13 comments:

  1. I really like the differnt elements you put in this. I wish the mountains looked more like the other colors in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mountains kind of look out of place. I love the fact that the cities are in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving it

    good job at combining all the differentelements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like what you did with the city images. I agree you might want to play around the with the color on the mountains. But overall it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks good how you combined the pictures to make it all flow together. the mountains could be better colored.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cool, looks like you spent alot of time on this. perhaps the mountains could have had a different effect to make them look like the mix well with the rest of the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed the night vs day...are you in the suburbs? jk

    but the mountains are blue...maybe you should put some goats on them or something

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, definitely a cool concept. I wish I could travel like that someday. I like the way you arranged your images according each meaning - definitely given some deep thought. The mountains do stand out, and maybe can be toned down a bit? Overall very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great. You did an awsome job on combining the different scene's of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really like this picture i like the different elements fused together. The only thing is the person in the middle of it all. Looks kindda out of place

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like all the elements you were able to place in this image. The piece is fun an carries my eye throughout. nice job

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the multiple environments, nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job combining different countries! It has a multicultural feel. The only issue is making them blend more. Adjustment layers would help keep them in the same color scheme. Also a slight shadow under you would ground you better.

    What could the next step of this be? How else could we represent different countries and areas? My eye is heavily pulled to the left, could we balance that out on the right?

    ReplyDelete