Saturday, February 19, 2011

Nicole Smith Surreal Image

 
This image is by Larry Carlson. I am not familiar with this artists work, but I really liked this drawing. When I saw this image it really drew me in.  It made me think of the circle of life. Where we come from and when we die we are buried, “From dust we are and dust we will return to”.  I really like the circular image motion of the clouds, and the circular roundness of all the other images in the picture. I like how the image of the young lady looks like she is sleeping on the grass but also sleeping underground. This picture in my opinion also includes all the seasons. You see a little snow indicating winter, grass indicating spring /summer, fall color on the trees indicating fall.  All the images in the picture tie together in circle of life and the circle of nature.  

No comments:

Post a Comment