Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Stephen Carbonaro's DreamScape















Welcome to my DreamScape. I call it, Ferrari Planet. They are taken here against their owners’ wills. On the planet right now are three Ferraris, a convertible, coupe, and former fastest car on earth, the Enzo. I decided to create Ferrari Planet because owning a Ferrari is a dream of mine. They are very hard to obtain vehicles. What’s better than a place where only they exist? The background is a beachscape with a spacescape layer over it. If you notice in the upper right corner, the Hubble Telescope made its way to Ferrari Planet. Hopefully scientists will get some photos of the planet, and find a way to put man on it!

My inspiration for Ferrari Planet is of course my love for Ferrari’s, and my interest in outer space. There was a special on TV; I think it was called Known Universe with Stephen Hawking, which gave me the idea for a space theme. He talked about how it could be possible for wormholes to bend time, so that got me to think, how farfetched would it be for Ferrari’s to be sucked up by aliens and whisked away to their own planets? I’ll just keep dreaming.

14 comments:

  1. I like this a lot, the cartoony rays are entertaining. To be nitpicky and find something I would fix, perhaps more detail in those rays so it looks more like an abduction beam than yellow splotches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. It reminds of like a comic book from the 70's during the best of the Cold War propaganda. I also wish there was a Ferrari planet too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your idea of the Ferrari planet and the wormholes. I agree you could have made the rays more detailed but other than that it's very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the thought behind this dreamscape it's very unique! I think the cars would look better and more real with some shadows under them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cartoon effect but somethin in this doesnt look right to me maybe since their are no shadows

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think some more asthetics would do the trick, shadows, gradients,...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of the whole image, I do feel like it is a little washed out. Very cool otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the splashes of pink and blue you added on the beach and I like the concept of it. I wonder how it would look if the colors were more vibrant though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you made it lootk like an actual planet. But could use some shadows it add to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. cars taken against their owner's will...doesnt that usually happen..haha...especially a ferrari...i would still add the color to the cars make them look really flashy but have the yellow still around it just not on it

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this one. It reminds me of a trapper keeper cover from the 80's. Definitely brings back memories. Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do like the idea of your project. But like other's said I would change the way the cars are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea. There is a lot of nice color coming into play with this piece. but like some of the other comments shadows would have been nice to see.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very creative! Love the idea of Ferrari Planet! ☺ I also love how it is dynamic- things are occurring. The one think I do not find needed is the unicorn? I think there could be a lot of neat things placed in the sky? Maybe a battle between constellations? (Shooting ideas out there) If you are set on the unicorn, flip him to face in and keep the viewer into the painting.

    ReplyDelete