Friday, February 25, 2011

Winn_dreamscape


The title of my dreamscape is downward spiral. It’s really simple to understand you see the nose orb and the mirror, which represents drugs use or partying. Behind that you can see the buildings melting this is the meltdown of home life. Whether it’s the lost of a loved one or a family. On top of that you can a bull. This bull is a famous symbol in the financial district of New York City on Wall Street. So the bull represents a high paying job maybe someone who is apart of corporate America.

On the other side you see a crucifix, a woman, money, car, and a movie screen all downing down the drain. This shows the lost of all things we love as human slipping away because of the drug use. Coming out of the hole is the hand holding a gun. This symbolizes death. Which is where this lifestyle can lead us. I chose to make the background red because red is a color of power. Maybe this can be the power that drug use has on our lives or the power a person will need to escape the use of drugs or any addiction.

13 comments:

  1. There are a lot of elements of this image to take in. Over all I think it is cool and I like your idea behind everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your ideas behind this. I think I would tried to put the images in a spiral pattern maybe. I was amused that your background is a Microsoft Windows logo though and you talk about a downward spiral. Although I use a PC, I am a Mac person, so I like the idea of also thinking that Microsoft is part of that downward spiral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how there's a significant change from the beginning picture. I like the concept and it looks good. Maybe just add some drop shadows or something to the images in the back so they flow more with the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you changed the whole background. It looks really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Overall I like your picture and how the images add up to a downward spiral. I also think if you could have put the pictures in a spiral it would have added to the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice concept and ideas. the pictures seem to be a little flat, however.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked the hand with the gun coming out of the picture...i would have put more attention on it cause it really pops out nicely...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very bold statement, I admire your transparency. I think the images you selected are perfect. In the upper left hand corner, I felt maybe there could be a little more visual effect. Perhaps some overlay are some sort of merging for some spots. Overall it is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job.. I like how you turned a green back ground into amazing project.. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fun image almost a collage type layout. It has a cool feel of space an floating.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite part of this is that you got rid of the Windows logo. More on topic; your reasoning is very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the logic behind your dreamscape, it relays a deep message. I think the portions on some pictures look a little off it seems some are stretched it would look good if they weren't stretched out

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tons of symbolism!! Well done on selecting all the different objects. I would like a bit more natural blending of the objects. For example, If the hand was coming out of the radial burst- if the car had skid marks behind it, like it drove in. Like if the mirror had reflections of the surrounding objects. Great concept- but we could take it even further.

    ReplyDelete