Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ryan Lenig: Successful Logo




I chose the logo for the comic books store I see at least once a week, every Wednesday, Dreamscape Comics. I find this to be a successful logo because upon first glancing at it the logo gives a sense of friendliness and fits the subject matter of the store. The store's name is written with a font that looks very comic like, and the castle planet image connecting to it shows the fiction oriented feel that should come with a good comic book store, and the extended features of the logo add to the spacious theme of a dreamscape, and the "an immense & diverse selection" statement added to the expanded logo boasts an aspect of the store that shoppers should take into account. Overall this is a successful logo for a successful shop.

8 comments:

  1. I agree that this logo is successful. The typography and graphics easily represent the company and is interesting to look at. I think I would like it better though if it had different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this logo from the hidden tile pattern in the back to the crazy font that fits the store perfectly, to the little pictures that represent dreamlike or unrealistic comic book imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This logo totally reminds me of a bazooka joe bubble gum wrapper, or a wrapper that would be in a "prize" in a box of candy or cereal. I remember old ads being in the reprints of comics and this logo reminds of some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree too that this is a successful logo. I like how the logo gives off a comic book feeling like you said. I dislike the little stars in it i think it looks like little polka-dots i think they could have used something cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Dreamscape Comics. That's taking me back. My brothers used to go there all the time. I like that the font has a very old-school comic look to it, and has some fantastical imagery to it, but isn't overwhelming with lots of color and goofiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun logo for sure. The colors work well, and i like how the background is separated into squares. also the image of the castle on the left is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is definitely a successful logo! It also feels like the olden days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this logo a lot. It gives you that comic book vibe.

    ReplyDelete