Thursday, March 10, 2011

Successful Logo


One of my favorite logos has to be the FedEx logo. It is one that is distinctly recognizable. It is simple, yet effective in conveying what the company is. Being a company that has been around for some time too, it does not need any extra "stuff" to let you know what the company does. Even the clashing orange and purpley-blue color make it eye-catching. My favorite thing about this logo though is the hidden "arrow" between the E and the X. I find this incredibly witty. A mail/shipping company using an arrow in it's logo as if subliminally emphasizing that they send your stuff in the "right direction," or something along those lines. Another logo that did something similar is the Big Ten college football conference, where they snuck in an 11, representing the 11 teams in the Big Ten, around the T. It has recently changed due to the addition of a 12th team though.

6 comments:

  1. I think the logo is succesful as well. It's easy to identify and the arrow adds a nice touch. After that was pointed out to me, that's what I always look at when I see the logo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. again i thought this assingment was to find a local logo, but I never knew there was a hidden arrow, neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool about the arrow. It makes you want to look at all the logos you see a little more carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hidden arrow is new to me as well. Maybe a logo that is a little less mainstream would be cool to research. Fedex logo is just to common.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FedEx has been around for a long time and is very successful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very successful logo. I remember when I was younger someone pointing out the arrow in the logo and now when every I see the logo FedEx that what I focus on.

    ReplyDelete