Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tony Russo - Logo

The Sherman Theater has been around for a long time. Laural and Hardy actually performed there back in the day. I marquee reminds me of an old theater that would be in the 40's. For some reason it brings to mind the ending scene in the movie "It's A Wonderful Life", when George is running through town saying Merry Christmas to everyone and everything - including the "movie house". The font and character adjustment for "Sherman" seem to indicate someone rising to a stage.

5 comments:

  1. I think this is a successful logo. I love the old school look to it. I don't like the fine lettering at the bottom it doesn't make sense to me being the Sherman is a theater. I live right next to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that is very "movie classic" yet doesn't look dated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this logo cause it brings back the old time feeling of the movie theater. the colors work well also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This logo reminds me off something in the olden days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the logo because it gives you that old fashion feel. I think everyone likes that idea when the think of the movies. One thing that I dont like is the banner at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete