Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Jess Architectural Illustraion



Cinderella’s Castle

My building I choose for this project was Cinderella’s castle located in Disneyworld. The building was completed in July of 1971 and stands 189 feet tall. The castle made its debuted on October 1, 1971 after taking eighteen months to construct. The inside of the building is constructed of concrete covered with fiberglass. The towers have internal steel framing that had to be lifted by crane and permanently bolted to the main structure. The chief designer is Herbert Ryman, who used inspiration from the castle in Disney’s movie, Cinderella. The castle purpose is to serve as the gateway to Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom theme park. The castle has an amazing restaurant located inside where you can dine like royalty at the royal table. If you are the winner of the “Year of a Million Dreams" promotion you are invited to stay in Cinderella's Guest Suite. I choose this as the building to create my illustration because my dream is to be Cinderella at Disney World. I would love to have that be my job because everyday would be like a fairy tale. I also love children and to be a fantasy character for their enjoyment would make me happy. This was actually a lot more work then I expected, but I’m so glad I choose this building for my project.

8 comments:

  1. You have a great eye for detail... You really did a great job it looks so realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so realistic and you did such a nice job with this castle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it would be a sin for me to say that you missed something. this is the best one in my opinion, i couldn't tell which one was the original! top shelf work here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome good I could barely tell the original from your copy. Good detail

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really good. You did a nice job with the shadows and lighting on the building. As well as the top part of the building is really strong. The only thing I would suggest is adding some texture to the bottom portion where it looks like there's some brick. But overall awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. really nice work Jess. Way to raise the bar. i can deff. appreciate the time that must have gone into this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is stunning, the extreme amount of detail looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, really REALLY good job on the castle.

    ReplyDelete