Thursday, May 5, 2011

Moore Architecture




This is House "O" Bodrum located in Bodrum Turkey. The house was build with an idea of modernising your traditional country retreat. The ornate mosaic of heavy stone is a familiar building practice in the Mediterranean, but the use of large floor to ceiling windows certainly is not. The building comprises three units joined by glass boxes allowing sunlight in, but also allows the structure to cool quicker than other houses. Inside, there are no separating walls in the living area. I chose this house because my grandfather and father have done architecture and in most of the buildings they used the floor to ceiling windows. This house reminded me of the house my father built for our family, it stood out the most to me.

9 comments:

  1. This is really good. You did such a nice job with the shadows and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job. nice detail. perhaps you could have added some reflections to make the windows and water pop so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the building you picked and you did a nice job with it. I like the shutters a lot for some reason. There's quite a bit of yellow lighting that you could have incorporated maybe and a few trees that are missing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your building choice and you did an awesome job, I love the stone wall detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like all the cool gray tones you brought out of this piece. and the outlining of the stone is a very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks very good, you captured the stone wall structure quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like stone pattern. Very good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The buildings look exact you did i great job on them. The only comment i have is the coloring, i'm not sure why there is white outlining the building, i think if you put more colors in the rocks you made it would look more realistic.

    ReplyDelete